Welcome to Native American Housing Services
- To promote decent, safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for Native American, and other communities, in the State of Oklahoma
- Formation of partnerships of residents, business and financial leaders, and local government officials who jointly commit to establish policies and programs to revitalize lower income communities for the benefit of current residents, and/or to provide affordable housing opportunities for low or very low income households.
- Providing technical assistance to Tribally Designated Housing Entities to strengthen organizational and individual capacity.
- Insuring communications between residents, city government and financial institutions regarding financial terms and methods, as well as cooperative efforts to promote affordable home loan programs.
- Create a complete Homebuyer Education curriculum including teaching aids that addresses needs and services in Native American, and other communities.
- Provide property management and "lease to own" programs to create avenues to homeownership.
- Provide specific assessments and surveys for Native American communities to assist economic development initiatives.
- To engage in other activities and functions as are proper and in furtherance of the goals and purposes of the organization.